Wednesday, July 5, 2017

{Book Review} The Crow Box (Shadow and Ink #1) by Nikki Rae

The Crow Box (Shadow and Ink #1)
by Nikki Rae
Publisher: Self
Release: January 14th 2016
Genre:Fiction- New Adult: paranormal
How I got it: Received a copy from the author

The small wooden box is dirty, the size of a human fist, and sealed with wax. When Corbin takes it upon herself to clean it and break the seal, a voice she has tried to ignore gathers strength. Shadows play on the walls at night, and with a family history of mental illness, Corbin fears the worst. But the voice tells her it is real. That its name is Six and it will prove it in time.

Drawn to this mysterious entity, Corbin isn't sure what to believe and the line between reality and her imagination blurs more every day.

Some doors should not be opened; can this one be closed?

Review:
I've dwelled on this review for a bit. Corbin is an art student, who's mother is dealing with mental illness. She's lived a troubled life and when she is given a small wooden box things get harder. Hanging on the edge of whats real and what's in her head she has to figure things out, before fallowing her mother into insanity.
This is a very interesting story taking a unique twist on the paranormal aspect. Ms Rae is a wonderful author who combined a mystery with the paranormal seamlessly. The plot kept me reading and on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. Although I was confused for a lot of it as not even Corbin is sure if what's going on is real or in her head. I was pulled into the book, the writing so descriptive that I could imagine what was going on easily. Although the cliff hanger ending was a bit frustrating.
Overall a very good book, but some what confusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.